‘Iolani School is a co-educational, college-preparatory school for grades K-12 founded upon Christian principles.
Its mission is to develop liberally educated, well-rounded individuals who are well prepared for higher education and for responsible, moral citizenship.
To foster academic excellence and personal growth, a school must be challenging and competitive yet compassionate and humane. The 'Iolani motto "One Team" expresses the spirit of unselfish cooperation and mutual support among faculty, staff, coaches, parents and students.
'Iolani School is committed to the following ideals:
- An education which reflects its Episcopal Church heritage and provides a spiritual foundation for the development of personal values and moral integrity
- An exemplary college preparatory curriculum with small classes, personalized instruction and frequent occasions to speak, listen, think and write
- The development of individuals who are creative and inquisitive, who can analyze and synthesize information to solve problems, and who conduct themselves with confidence, discretion, tolerance and compassion
- A student body diverse in cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds who bring the best combination of intellect, talent, character and leadership to the school
- Programs which offer students ample opportunity to develop their ability and confidence in intellectual, spiritual, social, aesthetic and physical pursuits
- A balance of commitment to personal growth with concern for others
- Lifelong learning and active, informed, productive citizenship in the local, national and global communities
Accreditation and Memberships
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Hawai‘i Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
- Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB)
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
- College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS)
- National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
- Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE)
- Interscholastic League of Honolulu (ILH)
- Hawai‘i High School Athletic Association (HHSAA)